Sunday, August 29, 2021

I Spy: Week 34

Well, I didn't quite get my post done in time for yesterday, but I'm not too far off, right?!?!? It's been a bit of a crazy week with job stuff so I just didn't have a lot of time to take pictures (or do much of anything else). So I took a lot of these pictures yesterday morning. As always, I'm linking up with Lysha at A Camera and A Cookbook.

One note to share about three of my pictures this week -- I actually took them in "manual" mode without using the flash. I feel like the colours showed up so much truer that way. Comment below if you can figure out which three pictures were in "manual" mode. Also, I don't have a tripod so usually my "manual" pictures are a little blurry but I didn't feel like they were this week. Yay me!

 Let's Play iSpy 2021

{ornate}

I struggled a bit with this prompt but decided to take a picture of our living room lights. I've never closley looked at the decoration behind the fake candles, and it really is rather "ornate."

{spicy}

This may not look like a picture of something "spicy" but Sam has really been enjoying the Spicy Chicken Mr Noodles soups this summer so I wanted to capture this memory. And Sam says he wanted to capture this memory too!

{roll}

 We bought this watermelon from the produce stand at our pool this week. It sat on this stool for two days and, thankfully, didn't "roll" off of it. Dave has now cut it up so the rolling danger has been mitigated. Phew!

{muted}

 

Something really great happened for me on Wednesday and we bought this fall planter to mark the occasion and celebrate. (I'll talk more about what happened tomorrow -- or later this week if I don't get the blog post done in time!) Anyways, I decided to capture these decidedly not "muted" colours for this prompt. Sorry if you think I cheated on this one :)

{your choice}

Because we were in a celebratory mood, we bought a few treat things we might not have otherwise gotten. We've already gone through one container of this six layer bean dip and the cheese is incredibly good. YUM!!!

5 comments:

  1. If I had to make a guess I'd say the candles, the watermelon, and the cheese were taken on manual mode and I think they look fabulous! I struggle to get the colors to look right in a photo too when I don't want the flash going off. It's not always easy finding just the right light for good quality photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices this week, love those multicoloured peppers. I very rarely use flash. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job using manual mode. I never use my flash, I don't like how it washes the photo out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I appreciate when people make the prompts their own instead of stressing about it. How was the cheese? Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)