Thursday, January 16, 2020

#tbt: Glow Gardens

I had originally intended to write this post in the week before Christmas but, as we've already discussed, not much blogging happened that week. Ooops. We decided to kick off our holidays by going to Glow Gardens in Toronto. Basically it is a big indoor light extravaganza. According to the website, there were over half a million lights used. It was so pretty. This year there were about seven locations in Canada and two in the US. So Google Glow Gardens next year and see if there might be one near you.

We hit major traffic on the highway. It was because there had been a big accident on the other side the night before. Traffic was so backed up that people were pulling U-turns on a major highway to exit. I’ve never seen that on the 401 before!

The first thing we did was ride bouncy moose. The kids had a blast here, and honestly, so did the grown ups!!!
 
There were fun swings to go on and they were constantly changing colours. I found them very relaxing.

We went with friends of ours and the kids had a great time playing.

I LOVED the Icicle Forest. It was so fun!

 
They had fun photo frames to take pictures with. We enjoyed that!

    I loved seeing all the different light displays.
Did I mention there were over half a million lights?

Our whole family enjoyed the Cinderella carriage!!!

One thing that was really fun was that they had a pile of HUGE stuffed bears. The kids (and grownups) had a lot of fun being buried in, or snuggling with, the bears. 
 
 
There were a ton of opportunities for family pictures
and we took advantage of most of them!

I loved the Glow Tunnel.

We really enjoyed our time at Glow. It was a fun way to kick off the holidays. And it was a photographer’s dream!

PS. Due to some unusual circumstances, I mostly wrote this post on Dave’s phone. This also explains the weird picture sizing. This is not my favourite method of blogging. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks so fun. I love the teddy bears. It all seems very comforting for sensory-sensitive people. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)