Thursday, January 02, 2020

Daily Photo: December 17 - 31, 2019

This is the last post for my Daily Photo 2019. I love that I managed to take photos almost every day this past year. I loved documenting my year this way. I meant to post half of these photos on Christmas Eve but with everything going on last week, I didn't blog at all. Yikes. So here is my catch up post with two weeks of photo fun!

December 17, 2019 -- About an hour after we set it up, our Christmas tree fell over. One of the ornaments which broke was Sam's hot dog -- representing all the baseball games we went to in 2017. I managed to find a replacement for it on this day.

December 18, 2019 -- The kids had a day off school because our high school teachers' union is doing rotating strikes. Unfortunately, the elementary school secretaries, custodians, and support workers are a part of this union so those schools close too because it's potentially unsafe for students to be at school on those days. So the kids and I made cookies, among other things.

December 19, 2019 -- Rachel needed to make a gift for her Secret Snowman at school this day so we needlefelted a cat. Hahaha!!!

December 20, 2019 -- I worked two days in a row this week so spent the first night of my holidays catching up on all the laundry folding and going to bed early :)

December 21, 2019 -- We joined good friends of ours to explore Christmas Glow in Toronto this day. I want to write more about this (and will hopefully have a post next week) because it was beautiful and they have Glow Experiences all across North America.

December 22, 2019 -- It was a big game of Tetris in our fridge after we'd done our big holiday grocery shop but before we'd eaten much of the food.

December 23, 2019 -- Dave's aunt is so great about finding Chanukah crafts and sending them to our kids. They were up by 6:30 on the first official morning of their school break to work on these mosaic menorahs. Crazy kids!

December 24, 2019 -- After the Christmas Eve service we had our traditional meats, cheeses, crackers, chocolates, and chips "meal/snack/pig out" before enjoying Jólabókaflóð.

December 25, 2019 -- The traditional "Sam and Rachel in front of the tree on Christmas morning" picture.

December 26, 2019 -- Last year on Hallowe'en my friend made bourbon apple cider. I loved it so much she shared the recipe with me. I might have drank most of three batches on my own this holiday season. YUM!!!

December 27, 2019 -- I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It was so good.

December 28, 2019 -- The seventh night of Chanukah didn't look like we had anticipated -- Dave came down with the flu and we had to postpone our church's small group Chanukah party. (Yes, you read that right!) We lit the candles though and my dad and I made latkes!

December 29, 2019 -- The eighth, and technically final, night of Chanukah. Due to the flu we still have a couple of Chanukah celebrations left this week.

December 30, 2019 -- Here are all the books on my dresser at the end of the year. My goal is to reduce the pile in the back in 2020. Those are all the books I've borrowed from other people/picked up from little libraries so there is no pressure (read "due date") to read them.

December 31, 2019 -- The very last of the 208 books I read in 2019. I ended on a good one.

2 comments:

  1. The eighth night picture looks so haunting and old-fashioned. I love it.
    Hope Dave feels better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Only Plane in the Sky looks really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)