Wednesday, March 08, 2017

20 Questions

Blogging material has been a little light lately, and since I love reading things like this, I thought I would steal borrow this blog post idea from Bekah. Thanks Bekah :)

1. Do you like blue cheese? NO! I really can't stand strong flavours but Dave can and he LOVES blue cheese. He also likes cilantro, spicy foods, and liver. Blech,

2. What flavor Kool-Aid? Ummm... orange? We don't make Kool-Aid all that often but we do still own this pitcher and once in awhile we break it out again.
Throwback to January 2012 when Sam was two
and the Kool-Aid pitcher was new!

3. Do you get nervous before a doctor's appointment? Not really. Not unless I'm going to see the doctor about a specific issue or if it's an appointment for Sam or Rachel.

 
4. What do you think of hot dogs?
We have recently rediscovered hot dogs as a quick and easy supper that the kids will eat. They're not my absolute favourite but I won't turn my nose up at them. Especially if they're roasted over a fire. In the winter!


Sam eating a hotdog at our outdoor wiener roast
at my parents' in Saskatchewan at Christmas. 

5. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee-hot chocolate, in one of my favourite coffee-hot chocolate mugs :)

Here is too much some insight into my quirky personality: I choose the mug to drink out of depending on my mood for the day. My Salty Dog Cafe mug is for days I want to travel. My flowered mug is from Target and I drink out of that one when I need cheering up because it's so bright. My Central Perk mug is for days when I want to experience something fun! My Chicago Cubs mug is for when I'm missing baseball, and my Words Worth Books mug is for days when I just want to sit and read a good book. (Yes, I put that mug in the cupboard dirty to get this picture because yesterday was cold and rainy and it was a Words Worth Books mug kind of day.)

6. Can you do a push-up? Depends on who you ask. If you ask me, I say, "Yes!" and if you ask Dave, he'd say, "NO!"

7. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? After I read Bekah's answer, I felt like I had to say my wedding ring, but honestly, I love all my necklaces. I haven't been wearing many this winter but as soon as summer hits, I'll be wearing a necklace every day. Yay!

My necklace collection

8. Do you have a hobby? Reading, reading, and reading again! Can traveling be considered a hobby, because if so, then add that to the list too.

9. Do you wear glasses? Only when I'm not wearing my contacts :) My glasses are ancient (like nine years old) so I should probably get them updated soon.


10. Who was your childhood idol? I think it was probably Laura Ingalls Wilder. I wanted to be a pioneer woman, wear a sunbonnet, and have braids with ribbons.


11. Name three drinks you drink regularly?
Coffee-hot chocolate, Coke, and tea.


Here is a gratuitous picture of my tea cupboard
with a closeup of some of my favourite tea mugs!

12. Favorite place to be? In the winter, I daydream about reading in bed, surrounded by flannel sheets with my comfort bag on my feet. In the summer, I love being in the backyard reading, watching the kids play.


13. How did you bring in the new year? We all drank some prosecco and then we put Rachel to bed and I read Harry Potter to Sam until midnight. It was very exciting.

Prosecco and Harry Potter for the win!

14. Where would you like to go? Everywhere! Ummm... the next adventure on my bucket list is an Eastern Canada road trip. I want to go to Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick. If we could combine that with an Eastern US road swing as well, I'd be happy :) I also still want to drive Route 66.
At the beginning of Route 66 this past summer.
Sadly, we had a different road trip planned 
and this was as far as we got on Route 66.

15. Do you own slippers? Yes! I'm always wearing slippers. And in the summer, I wear flipflops in the house. I hate going barefoot inside.

16. Can you whistle? Sadly, no. Sam currently whistles while he's playing and I'm a little envious.

 

17. Last thing that made you laugh? Making a Bitmoji with my dad and trying on all the different costumes. We laughed until we were crying. We have a very exciting life :)
 
18. What's your favorite animal? None. I really don't have favourite animals. If I have to choose something, I'd say a fish.

19. Worst pain? I don't know. I don't have a good answer for this one, thankfully.

20. Do you like to dance? Yes! Am I good at it? No! But I LOVE to dance.

Let me know if you decide to answer these questions because, as I said above, I love reading posts like this.

5 comments:

  1. Haha!! This is so fun! Now, is there an actual difference between tea mugs and coffee-hot chocolate mugs, or is that just something you decided on your own? (This is a real question, haha. Like I know that fancy people use different types of wine glasses for different types of wine, so maybe there is some tea drinker equivalent in mugs?) Upon further reflection, I realize that I also use different mugs for my hot tea or my coffee...but it's a much sadder distinction. I use my least favorite mugs for hot tea, because I don't really care for hot tea and I only drink it when I'm sick. So apparently when I'm sick, I only feel like using my second-rate, non-happiness-bringing mugs. :) My favorite mugs are only for coffee (or hot chocolate, which I don't drink often, but do love).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Your necklace collection is so colorful. Good thing I don't live closer or I might "borrow" some like you "borrowed" the topic I "borrowed" from Facebook. LOL!! Other things I would borrow include your Salty Dog mug and your Central Perk mug!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'm re-reading Anne of Green Gables, and it makes me want to visit Prince Edward Island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I am so stealing it. I'm surprised you didn't say "labor" for worst pain. Usually that is the top of every woman's worst pain

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fun to read! Some of my notes...yes, I wrote notes while reading, otherwise I forget...hah! 1. I drank kool-aid ALL.THE.TIME. as a kid...my kids sadly are like "what is kool-aid"...changing times. Plus I forget about it! 2. I laughed when you said the appointments you are nervous about are the ones for kids...SO understand that one! 3. Kate and you would be best friends. She LOVES Laura Ingalls Wilder and routinely traipses about our backyard in a full outfit from when I was little. No telling what the neighbors are thinking...probably that the new people are Amish. HAH! She also does not care for animals, like you, and could probably tolerate a fish. Glad you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)