Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Saga Of Our Cards

I'm linking up with Faith today for her Christmas Card Carousel. This is the eighth year she's done it and the fourth year that I am participating. I love looking at everyone's cards. I am extra excited to link up today because Faith and I are friends on Instagram and I've so enjoyed getting to know her family this way. Kinley and Emery are two adorable little girls :)

I have to admit that I'm a little worried that sending cards is a dying tradition because we've only received two thus far this year. Of course we haven't sent ours out yet so maybe everyone else is running late like we are!

We got our family pictures taken by a professional photographer in our church at the beginning of November. We expected it to be cool but it was almost 20C (70F) so we're all in short sleeves! In the Fall! That's basically unheard of here. (And I can't wait to show you more photos from our session. We ended up ordering twelve different poses!)

Then I sent Dave to Costco yesterday to pick up our cards and I got to go to the dentist. When we all got home I eagerly opened up the box to see our cards and saw only envelopes. They'd forgotten to give us the second box of our order which actually contained the cards. Argh.

I called Costco and then Dave rushed back to Costco. Did I mention it was twenty minutes before closing and it takes us twenty minutes to drive there? Yeah. They promised to let him in and offered to refund our money. So yes, despite it taking two round trips to Costco in the same evening, we did eventually get our cards.

Then Dave drove to a place where he could scan our cards so I could link up this morning. In exchange I put both kids to bed. Ha!

For those of you who have been reading here for some time you will know that I am Christian, Dave is Jewish, and we are raising our kids in both faiths. So for the last few years we have sent out enough cards that we order a Christmas one and a more generic "Season's Greetings" one.

So without further ado, here are our cards:

Some of you will still be receiving these in the mail so pretend to be surprised when you open the envelope, okay?!

Merry Christmas! Happy (belated) Chanukah! And whatever holiday you celebrate at this time of year, may it be a good one.

14 comments:

  1. NATASHA!!!!!! I adore your cards!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word. So cute!! {Was that an overuse of exclamation points??}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! And "overuse of exclamation points" -- what is this thing you speak of?!?!? There is no such thing!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE!!!! The pictures are perfect!!! Sorry it was such a hassle to get the cards, but it was worth it because they are beautiful!

    Thanks for joining in the fun again this year! I hope you have a very Merry CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful!!!! I cannot wait to see the rest of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love them!! Those pictures are amazing!! I'm impressed you have the patience to design two cards- I get so frustrated and impatient just trying to do one!! :) And I agree, I feel like I'm getting way less cards this year than normal...so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! And I agree that sending Chrismtas cards is a dying thing. I almost decided not to do them this year! Glad I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Stick with generic "happy holidays" to both the Jewish/Christian families because two different cards is way too much work for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to comment on your cards! The photos and card design are both terrific!
    The Photographer did a super job capturing the Holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your cards and the pictures are excellent! Should I go ahead and change out the pics on the ol' header for you? ;-) And seriously, I have only received two cards so far as well. Of course, I haven't gotten ours out yet either so I am definitely going with everyone is late this year. I definitely don't get as many cards as I used to anyway, and I don't send nearly as many out as I did in our early years. I made and ordered our cards today to be printed so I hope I can get them mailed by this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures turned out so cute! I actually convinced the boy to take family photo these year and then of course never created cards. Maybe at this point they can be happy valentines day cards??? Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)