Tuesday, August 05, 2014

And The Green Grass Grew All Around

There was a hole
In the middle of the ground
The prettiest little hole
That you ever did see.
And the green grass grew all around, all around,
And the green grass grew all around.

There was a tree
The prettiest little (big!) tree
That you ever did see
And the tree was in the hole
And the hole was in the ground,
And the green grass grew all around, all around,
And the green grass grew all around.

ps. If you're not familiar with the song in this post, click here.

pps. "Traversing Canada Tuesday" did not get finished due to the tree planting. It will return next week. Sorry.

6 comments:

  1. WOW. I am tired just LOOKING at the hole. You have my complete respect and admiration for doing all that by hand!!!!!! Now...drink a coke and put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still tired six weeks later. I wonder if I can blame it on the hole?!?! :)

      Delete
  2. WIshing you many happy years with your new tree! And I hope the squirrels don't destroy it like they have ours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thus far the squirrels are staying away from it so I hope they continue with that trend.

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm glad that you all were able to get your tree planted. What a big job! And umm...thanks for the song. That's stuck in my head now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew...hole digging is no joke! It is hard work! I have actually seem to end up doing jobs like this by myself in the past. When we bought our first house, it had no landscaping yet except just grass planted. We had planned to do the landscaping together one weekend, and then Eddie ended up going somewhere...probably another of his wildfire fighting adventures that happen a lot in summer. I ended up having to dig up and excavate the beds for our shrubbery all by myself. I have also done some major hurricane yard cleanup as well all by myself. Hehe! Glad you had some good helpers for your "little" task. That tree is BIG! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)