Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Currently: November 2023

Not only is today November 1, but it's also the first Wednesday of the month. That means it's time for "Currently" with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness. You can find Jennifer here.

[loving]

I am "loving" the fact that there is nothing big happening in November. I'm Canadian, so we've already celebrated Thanksgiving. There are no big events on our calendar and I am looking forward to some cozy nights at home.

I am also "loving" how much Rachel enjoyed her dance weekend away. She enjoyed being at the theatre for most of two days, participating in workshops, dancing in two shows, and hanging out with her dance friends.

[buying]

Well, I'm not currently "buying" anything because I already bought our holiday pjs!!! We're doing something a little different this year and we just got new pajama pants. We'll wear an assortment of pajama shirts which we already have. Our holiday pjs will debut a little later in November but I can tell you that they feature buffalo plaid, sort of :)

Other than that, I bought a pair of work pants and I wouldn't mind "buying" another pair.

[preparing]

Currently, I'm "preparing" to go trick-or-treating with Rachel and I'm waiting for supper to be ready so we can eat and go.

Left: our unicorn post trick or treating; right: Rachel really wanted a couple's costume for Dave and I so came up with her own idea of Mickey & Minnie. We literally wore this for about three minutes for a picture but it made Rachel's day!!! It was too cold to wear it trick or treating with her, or I would have.

Other than that, I'm "preparing" all the things for the upcoming holidays -- working on family calendars and holiday cards, ordering holiday pajamas, thinking about Channukah and Christmas gifts for the kids -- you know, all the things which (ideally) need to get done before December starts!

[excited for]

I'm "excited for" cozy nights of watching Hallmark movies while settled under a blanket in my fleece pjs with a cup of cranberry tea. We only managed to watch one Hallmark movie in September (and none in October) and I need more of those nights. We've been so busy what with the kids' activities and Dave's extra synagogue meetings that we haven't had a lot of quiet evening at home.

[planning]

I'm "planning" on catching up on blogging in November. I'm behind on sharing books I've read (last post was midway through August), I'm behind on my "I Spy" posts (by about six weeks), and I'm behind on a few family adventures (dating back to early August). Let's just say that some of those cozy nights in will likely find me blogging as I watch a movie :)

I'm also "planning" a couple of date nights for Dave and I in November. One will be a unique experience and one will be a double date!

So that's what's up with me "currently." I'm coming off a very busy month and really looking forward to some down time. And hopefully also some time catching up with friends because we didn't see a lot of them in October.

9 comments:

  1. Your Mickey and Minnie costumes are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about the same exact thing- cozy nights with Hallmark :) Rachel is so adorable and you guys are great sports!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and your husband's costume and now we are onto the holidays! You are lucky you already had Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a cozy November! Aside from a weekend trip to Miami, we can take it easy this month too! I love your Mickey and Minnie costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Rachel's dance weekend went well! Your costumes are so cute; even if you couldn't wear them for very long. It sounds like you have a perfect plan in place for November.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute costumes and the dance weekend sounds like a lot of fun for Rachel. I hope you'll post a photo of all of you in your holiday pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for some date nights on the calendar! And love your costumes....you guys were great sports and I know Rachel was excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I'm loving the cozy nights too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)