Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Currently: January 2021

In December I linked up with Anne at in residence for the first time ever for her "currently" prompts. I'm excited to share my take on January's prompts. You can catch up with Anne here.

 [beginning]

I'm optimistically beginning to use a 2021 planner. I don't think I looked at my 2020 planner after May last year. I'm hoping this one will see a lot more use. At the very least, I've decided to use it to track some goals and to write three lines about each day. Check back with me in June to see how my planner use is going! Hahaha!

[feeling]

I'm feeling somewhat hopeful that 2021 will be the year which brings us normalcy. I'm hoping it will be the year which brings back travel, attending church in our church building, and hugging our friends. I don't feel like I'm asking for much. Rachel asked me the other day, "Mommy, can we pack our suitcases just for fun?" I said, "no" but I'm hoping we'll be able to pack them for real soon.

Our suitcases haven't moved from this spot in months. They are basically a holding spot for our extra toilet paper in the basement which feels somewhat appropriate!

[organizing]

I haven't been organizing much at home recently. I did organize a bunch of learning packages at work on Monday and Tuesday so that was fun. (I'm currently working as a secretary at a school and while the kids are learning from home, the admin and office staff are working at the schools. Truthfully, I'm not sad to leave the house every morning while Dave manages the kids' online learning and his job.)

[resolving]

I'm resolving to drink more water this year. My 2021 planner has a hydration tracker and nothing motivates me like filling in those little raindrops. Hahaha! 

[wondering]

I'm wondering if our province's week of virtual learning for all elementary students will actually only be a week. I think every single parent of a school aged child, and everyone who works in education, is wondering the same thing... I really hope (there's that word again) that the schools will be allowed to welcome everyone back next week.

So this is what's up with me currently. What's up with you?

17 comments:

  1. Your planner cover is so pretty! And lol at your suitcases being where you stash the extra TP! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't even realize that the extra TP was being stored there, because I never use the downstairs toilet, but it felt very Covid appropriate :)

      Delete
  2. That's a happy planner. I bought a new 15 month one last fall hoping I would need to actually use it sooner rather than later. Not so much. Yet hope springs eternal. I think the idea of packing a suitcase just for fun is splendid. We are planning a little country drive today, maybe I will fill a tote with some things just for the illusion of it being a real trip. Tell Rachel she's brilliant for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling hopeful too! 2021 HAS to be better for us right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the wondering, and the hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your planner! I'm hoping to really use mine more this week too.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drinking water is such a good goal and hope that planner gets good use in this new year :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new planner is always fun to start a new year...even if we don't know how many plans this one will be able to hold! I made a New Year's resolution to up my water intake a couple of years ago, and being more hydrated made me feel so good that it's been an ingrained habit ever since. Coloring in a tracker would totally be motivating for me too.

    Hope your schools are able to fully open up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is what I'm wondering with our schools too! I like that hydration tracker. Best of luck keeping up with it and your planner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we know in our area they will be closed to in person learners until January 25 at least. Probably later if we can't get our numbers down -- ugh.

      Delete
  9. I'm going to do this one tomorrow - since I don't have time to write the blog I originally planned! Loved reading yours - and oh, sweet Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your planner cover is so on point for you ha. And I thought the same thing about the toilet paper before I read what you typed - so appropriate that your extra TP is sitting on your luggage! I need to be better about water too and have it as a goal for this year. I did a major overhaul of our playroom to make room for a piano and then Brent changed his mind, sigh. But at least I got it super organized! I like these prompts and might do them too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohhh, I also like these prompts! I love your little hydration tracker too. I have 3 water bottles (total of 88 oz) that I resolve to drink throughout the day and I never finish all of them but I usually get them at least halfway which as I'm typing I realize is not enough but oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope I get to use my 2021 planner this year too! I abandoned my planner and everytime I tried to go back to it, I failed. Hopefully 2021 is the year.

    Coming from the Currently link up!

    Dana
    http://www.somethinggoodblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I broke out my new planner this week. Trying to stay ahead on blogging but not very successful yet. Last year, I just did to-do lists as there was no way to plan anything!!
    I do pretty well drinking water because I drink infused water, like Crystal Light.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)