Tuesday, December 01, 2020

One Sentence A Day: November 2020

I've almost documented an entire year in one sentence a day. I LOVE this way of recalling my month and will definitely be continuing with this in 2021. As I mentioned in my October What's Up Wednesday post, I always dread November. Canadians don't have holidays this month and, to me, it's just a long month of nothingness. So read on to see how our November went. Was it good? Was it bad? Did we survive? :) Hahaha -- yes, of course we did.

1 - Sunday - Today was defined by the colour orange -- we processed a pumpkin, had Kraft Dinner and Cheetos for lunch, and ate stuffed acorn squash covered in cheddar cheese for supper.

 

2 - Monday - I worked, I came home, I tried to stay awake long enough to do a load of laundry after dinner -- I succeeded!

3 - Tuesday - We got much needed haircuts today for the first time since the end of June.

4 - Wednesday - We got family pictures taken this day.

The official photo of 2020

5 - Thursday - The election continued and I was watching more hours of news than I was getting hours of sleep.

6 - Friday - I kicked off the weekend by having a drink outside while I painted my toenails and read a book.

7 - Saturday - We met up with friends we hadn't seen in a very long time and hiked at a conservation area and it was amazing.

8 - Sunday - I spent over nine hours outside, mostly doing yard work, with a little bit of walking, garage cleaning, and visiting thrown in there, and it was the best day I've had in a long time! 

9 - Monday - I got an unexpected walk in with my best friend after work and it was so good to spend time with her and enjoy the glorious weather.

10 - Tuesday - Rachel and I baked pumpkin muffins after supper for some special deliveries the next day.

 11 - Wednesday - We delivered treat bags to the youth from church who were finishing up their first quadmester and I enjoyed getting to briefly connect with church friends who I hadn't seen in awhile.

12 - Thursday - We had tuna noodle casserole for supper and it was comfort in a bowl.

13 - Friday - It was a long day at work, I was grumpy, I went to bed at 6:30pm and was asleep before 8. #goodriddancetotheworkweek

14 - Saturday - Rachel and I unexpectedly joined one of her school friends to explore in the woods and we LOVED it!!!

15 - Sunday - I remembered how to do a "performance ready" bun for Rachel's ballet workshop.

16 - Monday - The city came and took all our leaves away and I was sooooo happy!!!

17 - Tuesday - I read my book club book this evening and it was just as good the second time around. (The book was The Day The World Came To Town: 9/11 In Gander, Newfoundland by Jim Defede, in case you're wondering.)

18 - Wednesday - It was book club night and I LOVE these women!

19 - Thursday - I had a walking meeting with one of our pastors and our conversation was really good.

20 - Friday - The new playground at the school opened and there was an impromptu (physically distant) catching up with neighbours as the kids played for a few minutes.

21 - Saturday - We headed back out to the woods and then baked cookies and watched a Hallmark movie, Christmas in Vienna.

22 - Sunday - It snowed a TON today and I shoveled four times in eight hours and then I was done.

23 - Monday - I took the day off today, as the kids were off school, and Rachel and I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie to start the day, which was actually kind of perfect :)

24 - Tuesday - It was the day of packages arriving which made for a fun day!

25 - Wednesday - I was exhausted for some reason and went to bed at 7:30pm.

26 - Thursday - It was a quiet day at work and we had a delicious supper of sauteed shrimp and Caesar salad.

27 - Friday - Dave and I got almost all of our holiday shopping done at local shops today and in the evening we got most of our holiday cards addressed!

28 - Saturday - We watched three Hallmark Christmas movies and stayed in our pajamas until 4pm this day.

29 - Sunday - I got our outside window boxes decorated this day.

30 - Monday - We're awaiting Covid test results for one family member, and out of an abundance of caution, we all stayed home this day so I baked cookies and (to no one's surprise) watched another Hallmark Christmas movie!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great month. Sorry it ended with a COVID test ): hope it's negative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss having a covered garage. Do you park the car in it?
    One day toenails...then later shoveling snow...ha ha...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to cook a winter squash for supper. I usually cook it with butter, brown sugar & cinnamon. I've got cheese that needs used up so perhaps I'll cook this winter squash & use the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should really try a sweeter squash recipe next time. That would be delicious!

      Delete
  4. I love orange so I'm all for the first pic! Those pumpkin muffins look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother in law offered to pay for a year of Hallmark for me after reading all these wonderful blog blurbs about the Hallmark movies I've been wanting to watch some too! Do you have any favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kind gift from your mother in law. I don't know that we have a favourite thus far, but we really haven't watched all that many -- maybe 8-10???

      Delete
  6. Tis the season for Hallmark movies! Love it.
    I tend to be super grumpy by week end & just want to go to bed myself.
    That is indeed the family pic of 2020

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your family picture and consider our BFBC to be one of the best things for me of 2020! I love our monthly get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someday we are going to take a BFBC picture BEFORE our glasses our empty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The line a day is such a great way to journal. My grandma kept a line a day journal from when she was a teen until she was almost 80. It's cool to look back at! I hope yours the next few months are filled with less sentences about shovelling! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that your grandma kept a line a day journal for so long. What a gift of history for your family.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)