Monday, December 07, 2020

20 Questions

The alternate title to this post could be "The One Where You All Fall Down In Shock Because I Am Posting Another Survey." Hahaha!!! I really do love these things. And I know some of you do too :) I found this 20 Questions through Dara at Not In Jersey. You can read her responses here. And some of these questions I've answered in other surveys but it was only a couple so I kept them in.

And you get this survey because today because I am at a bit of a loss as to what to blog about... Help! I need some blogging ideas.

1. Introvert or extrovert?
I used to be an extrovert but, now that I have kids, I think I'm more of an introvert. Although, since nothing gives me energy like a good conversation, I'm probably still an extrovert who just needs more alone time than I used to.

2. Favorite movie?
I don't know that I have a favourite movie. I like romantic comedies but in the past few years, I don't even watch movies all that often. Except for Star Wars movies -- Dave and I always make it a point to go see those. And I'll probably continue to watch the Harry Potter spinoff movies.

Honestly though, since Covid started, we've been watching a lot of Disney+ and Hallmark movies. But, except for those movies in these very unusual circumstances, I'm not a movie watcher.

All set to watch the Hallmark movie, Christmas in Vienna.

3. Arrive early or late?
I would much rather arrive early. I actually get knots in my stomach if we're going to be "exactly on time." And don't get me started on how frustrated I get when we're running late. I am always trying to get my family out the door early and they're often resisting. Ugh.

4. Last book you read?
The last book I read was The President is Missing by James Patterson and Bill Clinton. It was surprisingly intriguing. I'm currently reading The Lies That Bind by Emily Giffin.

5. Favorite holiday?
I don't really have a favourite holiday either. I even asked Dave and he said, "Well, I would say Christmas but only if we can spend it with your parents. Otherwise, you don't like it." This is very true.

Celebrating Jólabókaflóð with my parents last year which was pretty much the best of all worlds!

I really like Jólabókaflóð, the Icelandic tradition of reading new books on Christmas Eve, which we've celebrated for the last two years. I like the coziness of reading together with my family. (And you're all shocked that a holiday which celebrates reading is one I love!!!)

6. Pet peeve?
People who walk their dogs off leash. Our city has leash laws but often, especially on the path I love, or on our schoolyard, people will be walking their dogs off leash and it drives me nuts. Rachel is scared, I'm scared, and I hate dogs, and it's just so frustrating.

7. Food you refuse to eat? 
Eggplant. Anything that is more than mildly spicy. Cilantro. Swiss cheese. Pepsi.

(Oh, you were just looking for one here?!?!?)

8. Favorite fast food chain?

I really love Pita Pit and McDonald's. Hahaha!!!

9. How do you keep fit?
This is assuming I do?!?!? Mostly by walking, which I haven't had a lot of time to do lately so I'm not at all fit right now. Boo.

Rachel and I on my favourite path in our city. Our family actually went for a long walk uptown this past Saturday to run some errands (I'm the only person who went inside a store) and it felt so normal.

10. Morning person or night owl? 
Can I be both??? My natural inclination is to stay up way too late reading but I also LOVE waking up early and getting things done in the morning or having quiet time to myself.

11. Favorite drink?
My favourite hot drink is probably coffee-hot chocolate. My favourite cold drink is Coke.

12. Irrational fear?
People I love dying. Dave and I get into arguments when he and the kids are away from home longer than I expect them to be because I imagine that they've been killed in a car accident rather than caught in traffic.

13. Go-to snack?
Probably cheese, crackers, and pickles.

14. Strongest sense?
Smell -- I can't stand overpowering smells. They drive me nuts. This is also likely why I've almost never worn perfume or scented lotions.

15. Fictional place you’d like to visit?
Avonlea. I know it's (sort of) a real place, and I've actually been there, but I'd love to visit Anne of Green Gable's Avonlea.

16. Kindle or actual book?
I'm stealing Dara's answer here because it rings so true for me. She said, "I will always prefer actual books!"

17. Last movie you went to see?
Ummmm... The Last Jedi which Dave and I saw on our Disney Cruise. Other than that, it was seeing Frozen 2 in theatre with Tim and Janice and their family on New Year's Day. We don't see a lot of movies in theatres.

Back in January when we could hang out with our friends and see movies.

18. Favorite season?
I can never decide between Spring and Fall. Since Fall just ended, I'm leaning strongly towards Fall but if it was closer to Spring, I'd be leaning that way.

19. Beach or mountains?
Ahhh... I don't know. Probably the mountains because I don't love getting sandy. Or wet. But last time we went to the beach (in January in Aruba) I loved it so I'm fickle, I guess.

Enjoying the beach in Aruba

20. Favorite cereal?
I don't really love cereal. I guess Honey Nut Cheerios but I don't actually remember the last time I actually ate cereal...

Let me know if you decide to answer these questions too. I know I have some fellow survey lovers out there. You really are my people :)

16 comments:

  1. These were fun! I am like you - on time = late and it makes me so gah!
    Aruba is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about arriving early too! That President book sounds so good- I definitely need to add that to my list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the President book. I devoured it!

      Delete
  3. Funny, I have not much to blog and I thought I could use this, till I saw that you got it from me in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love a survey!!
    I also hate being late, it bothers me so much! And I also hate off leash dogs. We are alike in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, I love that you love surveys too! And yes, dogs being off leash drive me NUTS, especially when I'm with Rachel because she starts freaking out. Ugh.

      Delete
  5. I was so excited by the title alone because I knew it was another survey LOL! I also despise being late and have a very strong sense of smell- I smell things when no one else does!
    I don't care for eggplant; I don't hate it like you do but I don't care for it. I have an eggplant sitting in my fridge (from my misfits produce box) and keep debating how to use it. I also think my last movie in theaters was The Last Jedi! It could have been something else but I don't remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know Emily and I will do this. :) Blog ideas: do a day in the life post, best books you've read in 2020/anything about books, favorite holiday songs, tell us where you are working these days/how that's going, have Dave and/or the kids answer these questions, Five on Friday...do you like any of these ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Avonlea... I love that answer.
    OH MY GOSH... it drives me NUTSSSS when people have dogs off leash too! I saw a guy in downtown louisvlle walking & there was a dog so far behind him... I didnt know it was his dog. I thought the dog was a stray. He was beautiful so I ended up running out of where I was eating lunch to get him... another guy also ran after the dog. Turns out - it was a guy who was walking ahead - he turned around & yelle d- that's my dog. THEN PUT HIM ON A LEASH - on DOWNTOWN BUSY STREETS. I was raging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Icelandic tradition is one we need to adopt! I haven't had Pita Pit in a long time, but I love that place too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jólabókaflóð is seriously so fun! Our family highly recommends it!

      Delete
  9. Aruba all day long!! Sign me up. I love the beach. Would expect you to be more extroverted than introverted. How cool that your fictional place to visit would be Avonlea. I think I would like to visit Wonderland with Alice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Wonderland would be a fun place to visit too! I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if any introverts blog?! I hadn't thought of that before :)

      Delete
  10. Yes! Running on time is running late. I am like that too. Both myself and my middle son are pretty fearful of dogs and I can not stand that so many people walk their dogs without leashes and even when they run up to us barking and trying to jump they're like "oh don't worry the dogs are friendly." Perhaps a post with all your favorite Hallmark movies?? I just got the Hallmark channel on our Roku and I'm a bit overwhelmed/lost on what to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE when people say, "My dog is friendly." It has NOTHING to do with the friendliness of your dog and everything to do with how I (or my daughter) feel about your dog jumping on us.

      I don't have a lot of favourite Hallmark movies because we've only watched like 8-10. Maybe next year I'll have a better sense. We're probably going to watch A LOT more next week when we're on holidays!!!

      Delete
  11. This was so much fun to read! I love these posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)