Friday, November 27, 2020

In Which We Escaped From The City...

A few Saturdays ago we met up with some friends from out of town at a conservation area about halfway between our houses. We wanted to see them in person but still be able to remain distant. Visiting this conservation area, on a beautiful fall day, was the best of both worlds. It was amazing to see our friends in person and it was a gorgeous place to visit.

I didn't realize that they had added an art installation since we had visited last and we enjoyed seeing all the different wood carvings.
 
I also loved walking through the woods and seeing the lake.
I need to find ways to keep getting outside, even when the weather gets colder. After all, I'm fairly certain the outdoors is just as beautiful and amazing in winter too. I'm just a little less convinced of it :)

8 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing place to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you go? I think you mentioned it before but I forget. I want to see the wood carvings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Crawford Lake. It was so lovely.

      Delete
  3. What a fun little escape- perfect for this time we are in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did hit both those point -- fun and perfect for Covid times.

      Delete
  4. I went here in early November too! It had changed so much since I had been last. The carvings were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there were a lot of changes from last time we had been too. Although I think we hadn't been there in seven years or so.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)