Tuesday, October 13, 2020

10 On The 10th: October 2020

Welcome to my "10 on the 10th" post for October. This was the Saturday of our Thanksgiving weekend but we had to stay home because I was waiting for the results of my Covid test. Thankfully, it was a pretty relaxing fall day so staying home wasn't too awful. (Also, my test results showed up late Saturday night and, much as I had suspected, I am negative. Nice to have it confirmed though.)

The kids have really gotten into Perler beads lately (like the past week or so). Rachel was hard at work all week making various layers so she could make these double stuffed Oreos. Dave and I are often amazed at how creative (and weird) our kids are!
Rachel decided to cut some foliage to decorate the play centre. She was trying to make "curtains" with the cedar clippings but they weren't really staying up.
Sam, meanwhile, was practicing for ball with Dave. He really loves playing the catcher position this season.
I mentioned I was hungry and wanting to snack on some cheese while watching a movie so Rachel made popcorn and put some cheese in it!!! Truthfully, this made me feel kind of nauseous so she and Dave ate it all. She definitely gets an "A" for effort though.
It was a lazy day of watching movies and this was scene outside our living room window. It was Fall on our screen and Fall outside too.
I think Rachel was getting into the cheesy romance just as much as I was :)
I also baked a batch of buns this day so I was productive too. We combined them with carrot-dill soup for supper and it was the perfect Fall meal.
After we were done watching a few movies, Dave and the kids played a game. I wasn't in the mood for a game so I blogged at the table while they played.

And that was our October 10, 2020 -- a lazy, Fall, Saturday at home. It was actually pretty perfect.

10 comments:

  1. What game is that?
    Cheese on popcorn? LOL ... I mean, I do love some cheese powder on popcorn so I'm with the thinking... but never seen hunks of cheese on there before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great fall weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your test was negative! I love their double stuffed Oreos made from Perler beads; that is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad my test was negative too. It was what I anticipate but there's always that nagging question of "what if???"

      Delete
  4. Cheese and popcorn! I'm not gonna lie - I'm so hungry right now I could totally eat that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously thought Rachel made a dessert in the first picture ha! And I'm jealous of your leaves turning - we don't get great fall foliage here. :( BUT I will keep my mild winters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed at the cheese & popcorn. When I was in highschool I used to make popcorn all the time with my neighbor; one day we decided to add all these spices to it and ended up with super pungent dill popcorn and it was horrendous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of Rachel watching the movie with you. Carrot-Dill Soup sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)