Tuesday, June 02, 2020

#Blackout Tuesday

I am going to go silent on the blog, and on blogging, for the rest of this week. I am using this time to read and talk to my kids and find out more about racism, white privilege, and how I perpetuate it and how I can stop. I want to find out how I can be an ally and how I can use my voice for change. This is not just an American problem, this is a white person problem. So if we are white, we need to be a part of the solution.

I know it will take more than a week for me to learn (unlearn) everything but blogging about the "regular stuff" just doesn't feel right to me right now. (This is not a judgement on anyone who is continuing to blog this week, this is about me.)

Thank you for understanding and I'll see you again next week.

3 comments:

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)