Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Daily Photo: May 28 - June 3, 2019

May 28, 2019 -- This day we ate Jamaican Beef Stew. It was delicious! Even Rachel liked it. Ha!

May 29, 2019 -- I have joined a second book club. It's one based in our neighbourhood. We had fancy drinks this evening -- sparkling water with mint leaves and violets. I felt so elegant.

May 30, 2019 -- It was Book Character Day at the kids' school this day. Rachel was the mommy bunny from Bunny My Honey by Anita Jeram. Sam was Percy Jackson of The Lightning Thief fame.

May 31, 2019 -- My parents arrived for a short visit. We enjoyed many "happy drinks" together! (When we visited my parents in Mexico in 2015, my dad instituted "happy hour" every day. Rachel, who was not quite four, forgot what it was called and asked, "Opa, when do we get happy drinks?" Thus, ever since, we have "happy drinks.")

June 1, 2019 -- We celebrated my mom's and Rachel's birthdays together a little early. Rachel enjoyed her spaghetti!

June 2, 2019 -- Our back porch railing has been deteriorating for quite some time. It was rusting through the supports. My dad, who can basically do anything, made us a new one. Rachel helped. I will probably write a whole blog post about it later this week.

June 3, 2019 -- We did a lot of work together in our back yard. You can't see much of it but I've appreciated the changes whenever I sit out there.

3 comments:

  1. I love "Happy Drinks" so cute. MY grandparents introduced me to Happy Hour too, I would often have ginger ale, such a treat at the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids mostly get fruit juice with club soda or ginger ale. We do give them a sip of ours if they want one though.

      Delete
  2. Don't you love dads who can do anything? :)

    And I didn't realize violets were safe to drink, but I guess so!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)