Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Daily Photo: May 7 - 13, 2019

I feel like I need to start my post today with a disclaimer. I have quite a few blog posts I want to write/publish but life has just been insane lately. Thankfully, dance is done now, as is my birthday and Mother's Day, and soccer and ball are off to slow starts thanks to all the rain we've had lately. We actually have three (almost) entirely free days this weekend (WHOOOOO to the HOOOO!!!) so hopefully soon I'll be able to catch up on blogging, both reading all of yours and writing some more on mine.

Until then, I leave you with this... 

May 7, 2019 -- It was the theatre rehearsal for the dance performance and we spent about three hours at the theatre. Rachel had to rehearse for two dances and Sam for one. And for the first time ever, each kid went through their dance twice. Fun times! Here are Sam and Rachel and two of Rachel's friends as flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz for modern dance. Rachel gets to see these two friends at dance through the fall and winter and then at the pool all summer. We love them!

May 8, 2019 -- Even though we are three weeks behind on videos, we had our South Korean meal this night for our Country of the Week project. We loved this meal! Yum!!!

May 9, 2019 -- I was part of hosting a volunteer appreciation night for our mid-week church program. I made an Earl Grey Tea Cake. I think I'm a little bit famous for it at these nights :)

May 10, 2019 -- I was volunteering at the dance performance this night and we needed a quick easy supper. Burrito bowls to the rescue. EXCEPT -- Rachel HATES beans with a passion. The school was having a family movie night and I told her she needed to eat well to be able to go. This kid, who normally complains about having to eat three beans, ate twenty-five beans without complaining. She was so excited! HA!

May 11, 2019 -- In all the pictures I have of the kids in their dance costumes, I realized I didn't have one of Rachel as a rainbow and Sam as a monkey. This was the day of the actual performance and now dance is D-O-N-E until September. Except for getting Rachel (and maybe Sam?) registered for next year. Ugh.

May 12, 2019 -- Mother's Day was a blissful day of rest and relaxation. Rachel worked really hard to make me feel special, including making coffee, boiling water, and preparing this lovely breakfast tray for me -- complete with cake and a sweet card! I didn't eat the cake for breakfast but I appreciated the thought!

May 13, 2019 -- Our yard doesn't look all that different from last week, except the grass is way longer. If it ever stops raining, and we have free time on a sunny day, that will change. Eventually those two things might happen. I hope...

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to tell Matt about the Earl Grey Tea Cake...maybe he could make one. :)
    (I almost wrote Early...I think I'm tired)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't I know about being MIA on the blog! Haha! I feel like I am MIA on life right now. Sigh. Just crazy! At least I can see you on instagram. Thank goodness for that! On top of my already delayed blogging, I decided to make the switch to wordpress when it was time to renew my site so I have been dealing with that major headache. Your link to follow my blog may have broken due to that transition. My blogger blog is still available at oursweetlovestory1.blogspot.com and my wordpress blog is at www.oursweetlovestory.com.

    I just want to sit with you in that lush green yard and eat earl grey cake and drink tea or coffee. It is getting way too hot here already. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)