Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Daily Photo : January 22 - 28, 2019

January 22, 2019 -- I usually only buy one bouquet of tulips at a time but this week I seemed to have acquired a whole forest of tulips!

January 23, 2019 -- We got the first big dump of snow of the winter this day, and although the kids didn't get a "snow day," they were having so much fun playing, I declared they could have a "snow hour" and they got to school half an hour late. But they had a ton of fun playing and the snow turned into ice that afternoon when it rained.

January 24, 2019 -- We have been doing a country of the week project, where we learn about a different country every week. This week we learned about Singapore so I cooked this Egg Fried Rice With Prawns. It was pretty good.

January 25, 2019 -- When you forget to water your flowers... Ooops. Thankfully, once I watered them, they all revived. Phew.

January 26, 2019 -- I participated in the 24in48 readathon this past weekend. Saturday morning I started off strong with coffee-hot chocolate, Earl Grey tea, and water. Plus, I had two good books to finish.

January 27, 2019 -- I read for 24 hours and 25 minutes and read eight whole books, finished off another two I had started reading before the readathon, and got about halfway through another one. Yay!

January 28, 2019 -- When you don't have great windows, and it gets down to -23C (-10F) at night, you get pretty ice patterns on your windows.

3 comments:

  1. I looked up The Gown, and I think I might be interested. I put it on hold at the library. :)
    We are actually on a snow day today but it might end up being freezing rain...will find out soon. So glad you all got to play in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers! I bought some for Drew's party and am going to buy them more often - they make my kitchen so happy! -10? Holy geez! And yay for the readathon - I 100% am going to do that when the kids are older!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ice on the window - WOWWWWW! Also my kids are so jealous of your snow. We haven't gotten more than an inch since the unexpected early snow mid-November. Ever since then it's barely enough to play in (although they try!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)