So with all that preamble, I have been thinking of some things I want to accomplish this month, even though we're a week into it already. Ha!
1) I want to organize, and clean, our basement. I have to admit, this one is a bit of cheat goal. My friend Karen and I have traded housecleaning days this fall. I helped her wash a lot of windows. She's going to get to help me vacuum the cobwebs out of our basement. Yay?!
2) Drink more water. As I write this post I'm drinking a coffee-hot chocolate so I've got a bit of work to do on this one. Ha! I've said before this is a challenge for me so I really want to work on this. I think I'd feel better in general if I had a higher water intake.
4) Get the pictures printed for Rachel's map. My blog friend, Bekah, directed me to this site through one of her "Saturday Six" posts. I thought it was a good companion to Sam's magnetic map and convinced Dave we needed to order it for Rachel. We also found someone who would do a Canadian map for us. So now we need to print some pictures which aren't the regular 4x6 size. I can't wait to show you a picture when it's all done.
6) Create new kitchen art. I've had an idea in mind for two years! It's time to make some progress on it. The funny thing is that I have all the supplies and think I could do this project in about two hours so it's just a matter of
7) Get more sleep. I am sleep deprived and need to go to bed earlier. Life will be easier if I get more sleep. I'm setting a goal of being in bed by 10, and asleep by 11. I could take the easy way out and make this a "three times a week" thing but I'm going to challenge myself and go for every night. Except maybe Fridays and, once in awhile, Saturdays. Ha!
8) Order our holiday cards. Last year, okay, this year, we were sending out our cards in January. Some of you may remember that! We have family pictures scheduled for next Saturday so that should give us plenty of time to get cards out in a timely fashion.
Family photos 2015
So those are my October goals. I'll check in sometime the first week of November and let you know how I did.