1) I applied for a job. It's only 5-8 hours a week and I wasn't planning on going back to work until Rachel was in Junior Kindergarten (two years from now), but the perfect job came up and so I had to go for it. If I get it -- great! But then I'll have to figure out a day of childcare for Rachel and potentially start working while we're moving to a new house. If I don't get it, that's okay too. At least I tried for it. But I wasn't planning on applying for jobs for about another two years so I had to spend some time on my resume and getting my references in order.
2) Sam has been at camp at his preschool during the mornings this week. Rachel and I have had
3) We're all heading up to Cloyne, Ontario for the weekend for Dave's niece's bat mitzvah. We are staying in cottages where we have to bring our own bedding and towels and it's somewhat remote. Also I don't know if they will have internet. It's going to be a little crazy with almost all of Dave's aunts and uncles there, most of who haven't seen Sam since he was three months old and haven't met Rachel at all.
4) On the way home, Dave is dropping Sam, Rachel and I off at the airport and we're flying to Saskatchewan for a week to spend some time with my parents. And we're going shopping at the new Target opening in Saskatoon on Tuesday!!! Whooo hooo!!! So I've been packing for that too.
5) When we get back, I have about three hours to get prepared to teach the science session of our Vacation Bible School (VBS) to the Junior and Senior Kindergarten kids for the next week. So I've been planning and shopping for that.
6) I am taking on a new role at the preschool next year and it involves some training so I've been trying to fit that in among everything else.
7) This morning I woke up with an ear infection. Just what I was hoping for.
8) It's my day of taking care of four kids. Thankfully, Dave took a half emergency day so I could get my ear infection taken care of, after we had the oil changed in our car, because we thought that might be a good idea.
So I'll see you all again next week when I'm in Saskatchewan and I will tell you all about our weekend, our time away, and the latest happenings in our family. (Unless I can get internet in Cloyne and have some free time while Rachel is napping on Saturday afternoon. In which case I will pop back in then.) Have a good few days and stay cool.