Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blogging Break

So I've officially decided to take a blogging break. I have been super-stressed this week because there are some major things happening in my life.

1) I applied for a job. It's only 5-8 hours a week and I wasn't planning on going back to work until Rachel was in Junior Kindergarten (two years from now), but the perfect job came up and so I had to go for it. If I get it -- great! But then I'll have to figure out a day of childcare for Rachel and potentially start working while we're moving to a new house. If I don't get it, that's okay too. At least I tried for it. But I wasn't planning on applying for jobs for about another two years so I had to spend some time on my resume and getting my references in order.

2) Sam has been at camp at his preschool during the mornings this week. Rachel and I have had lazy mornings at home mornings filled with appointments and errands. It's been a little nuts.

3) We're all heading up to Cloyne, Ontario for the weekend for Dave's niece's bat mitzvah. We are staying in cottages where we have to bring our own bedding and towels and it's somewhat remote. Also I don't know if they will have internet. It's going to be a little crazy with almost all of Dave's aunts and uncles there, most of who haven't seen Sam since he was three months old and haven't met Rachel at all.

4) On the way home, Dave is dropping Sam, Rachel and I off at the airport and we're flying to Saskatchewan for a week to spend some time with my parents. And we're going shopping at the new Target opening in Saskatoon on Tuesday!!! Whooo hooo!!! So I've been packing for that too.

5) When we get back, I have about three hours to get prepared to teach the science session of our Vacation Bible School (VBS) to the Junior and Senior Kindergarten kids for the next week. So I've been planning and shopping for that.

6) I am taking on a new role at the preschool next year and it involves some training so I've been trying to fit that in among everything else.

7) This morning I woke up with an ear infection. Just what I was hoping for.

8) It's my day of taking care of four kids. Thankfully, Dave took a half emergency day so I could get my ear infection taken care of, after we had the oil changed in our car, because we thought that might be a good idea.

So I'll see you all again next week when I'm in Saskatchewan and I will tell you all about our weekend, our time away, and the latest happenings in our family. (Unless I can get internet in Cloyne and have some free time while Rachel is napping on Saturday afternoon. In which case I will pop back in then.) Have a good few days and stay cool.

9 comments:

  1. Whoa!! Sounds like a crazy week!! I'm intrigued to hear about the job, and what fun to get to see family you haven't seen in so long! Also...your VBS has a Science section? That's hardcore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a break sounds like a smart idea! Catch you on the flip side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely exhausted just reading the schedule!! YOU GET WELL and enjoy some rest and I'll be excited to see you when you are back to blogging! (Don't take too long, ok? I mean not that I'm needy or anything.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't like it when the bloggers I read take breaks. I need my blogs people :)

      Delete
  4. nooooooo, how am I going to get through the day at work?
    oh, it's not all about me?
    well, take care of yourself then and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tired just reading all that stuff. Hope things go well, and I hope you are able to get some rest. : ) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like I've taken lots of blogging breaks this summer, either intentionally or unintentionally.

      Delete
  6. I work on Mondays teaching a science class during the school year and it is really nice! You will enjoy it!: ) I, too, am planning on going back to work when Lincoln is in older preschool in a year or two. We really do have the same lives :) Um, it made me laugh when you wrote "There's a new Target opening" and then following that "So I'm packing for that too"....vacation at Target. Sounds like a perfect scenario to me ;) Good luck traveling and flying about! Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)