Monday, November 28, 2011

Grey Cup Sundays: Past and Present

So today was the Grey Cup. I was thinking this morning about the Grey Cups since we've been out West. In 2007 Saskatchewan beat Winnipeg in the Grey Cup. I wrote about it in this post right at the end.

In 2008, Montreal played Calgary and lost. I really don't remember what we did that day but I'm fairly certain we weren't watching the Grey Cup.

In 2009 Saskatchewan played Montreal in the Grey Cup and lost :( It was such a close game and Saskatchewan lost for such a dumb reason. I still have angry feelings about that game! But it was the first Grey Cup Sam ever got to watch. My and my mom's cheering totally freaked him out because he'd never heard us yell before :) And we watched it at Uncle Vic and Auntie Lee's house and I remember it was a lot of fun.

Last year Saskatchewan and Montreal played again. And Saskatchewan lost again but it was a good game nonetheless. And quite honestly all I remember about last year was that I was too morning sick to really care (much!) about the game. I think Sam wasn't too sure either :)

And this year Saskatchewan wasn't in it and we sort of watched it but sort of didn't. Maybe next year we can cheer the Riders on to victory again?!?!?! I hope so because I am a Green-And-White Fan all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)