Monday, October 03, 2011

Not Me! Monday

MckMama , a blogger I read, does something every Monday that is best described in her own words, which I have also copied and pasted below:

"Not Me! Monday is a weekly event born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I’d rather forget. Why? It’s therapy of the best kind. Plus, reading the embarrassing ways that others sometimes fail makes us feel less alone. Of course, pretending that we so did not do some of this crazy stuff makes sharing a little easier. Are you willing?"

from http://mycharmingkids.net/2011/09/not-me-monday-65/
September 19, 2011

I have never just commented and not done a blog post for Not Me! Monday because I am not too lazy to figure out how to link to MckMama's Not Me! Monday. Not me!

And I didn't have to buy three bags of Veggie Straws at Costco today because my husband and I have not eaten all of the ones in our house. We buy Veggie Straws only for our son and never for us. We are not completely addicted to them and eat them only when he is napping or asleep at night. Not us!

And I did not bribe my son with a cookie at the store to get out of the house this morning. I never bribe my children into behaving well. And then when he did get his free cookie, which is "only for kids", I did not talk him into giving me two bites of it. I would never eat my child's special cookie. Not me!

And when my son fell off his chair at lunch I did not secretly hope that "he learned his lesson" and will now sit on his bum instead of bouncing all over the place at mealtimes. I do not want my children to learn their lessons the hard way because I know that 2 year olds probably don't understand that anyways. Not me!

And I did not confuse the lentil which stuck to his forehead in the fall with blood. Not me! I know the difference between lentils and blood.

Okay, I'm done for this week! Enjoy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)