Tuesday, September 12, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 33 & 34

As with everything else blogging related, I have gotten behind on my "I Spy" posts. You already know why -- back to work, back to school, Covid, life, blah, blah, blah. So for Week 33, I was able to find pictures which fit the prompts and which I had taken in that week (August 15 through 21). And then I basically stopped taking pictures for about two weeks.

So today, I'm also posting pictures for Week 34 and those pictures were all taken over this past week. Next week, I'll get back to weekly photo posts (I hope!).

Let's Play iSpy 2022

written

Sam and I visited the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. There was a lot of information "written" down and I took pictures to remind me of some of the more sobering (or interesting) pieces.

material

 

While in Kansas City, Sam and I visited the Arabia Steamboat Museum. The Arabia was a steamboat which sank in 1856 with all its cargo aboard. Some private citizens unearthed it in the late 1980s and eventually opened this museum. There were some restorers working who we had a long conversation with. And our conversation led to them letting me smell this "material," which had been buried in mud and water for 132 years. It smelled like the ocean, not near as awful as I would have assumed.

product

Sam and I also went to the KC Soda Company where they sell over 300 different kinds of soda from around the world. We each bought a few bottles, and while it's not a "product" I would have chosen, Sam enjoyed his Dill Pickle Soda. I had one sip and it was not as bad as I expected!

Starts with J

 

One of the highlights of our trip, was that my Auntie Jean was able to join us for a day in Kansas City. We hadn't seen her in five years so it was a huge treat to be able to spend some time with her

your choice

 

This week, travelling with Sam, and seeing a few different baseball games, was absolutely "my choice." It was so much fun!!!

Now let's skip ahead a few weeks, and here are my photos for Week 34.

repeat

 

Even though no two bouquets are the same, I have them on "repeat" around here. I get them through our CSA and a local flower farmer and I just love them.

backyard – quarterly

Welcome to our back yard -- laundry is hanging and Rachel is practising her fall dance choreography and Dave is practising soccer with Sam, who is trying out for his high school soccer team. And the Brown Eyed Susans are in bloom. The laundry is blocking the fall chrysanthemum planter, which I bought this past weekend, and is sitting on the table, .

Starts with T

Last weekend I experimented (with a Pinterest recipe) and roasted tomatoes, onions, and garlic to try and make a homemade tomato soup. It was just okay and I'm not sure I would make it again but it was a great way to use up a lot of tomatoes!

vision

We have a "vision" that the kids will take more initiative in keeping themselves organized this year. Rachel needed a planner and Post-It Notes to achieve this goal so we got her some. Now to see if her "vision" translates to reality!

Choose Anything (same vantage point) – monthly

Our dining room in early September -- a bouquet from our flower farmer, school papers to be read/signed/returned by my spot, and the ice machine is still working overtime!

*week 86 & 87 of Lysha's challenge prompts. See her posts here and here.

5 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with those flowers- need to find them around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the pictures from around KC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. KC Soda Company...My husband would love to check that out when we make our way back there. He's a soda lover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at how there were several times you said 'it wasn't my taste but it was ok' haha. I love the view of your backyard - such a happy space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)