Monday, March 16, 2020

Everything Is NOT CANCELLED

In light of the nine million e-mails I have been getting from every organization I've ever associated with about their response to Coronavirus, it is hard to not feel overwhelmed and sad. It feels like everything is cancelled and closed -- schools, church, libraries -- I mean honestly -- libraries!?!?! I'm not faulting organizations for being proactive, but it all takes a toll.

I saw this on Facebook on Saturday (and re-posted it) because it spoke to me:
PromoCares on Twitter: "Breaking News: HOPE not cancelled.… "
I don't know what the original source is but I liked it. It reminded me that all is not lost. And as I thought about it on Sunday, I decided to write my own "Not Cancelled" post. In honour of Covid-19, here are 19 things which are important to me, which are not cancelled.

1) Hanging laundry out is NOT CANCELLED.

2) Blogging is NOT CANCELLED.

3) Drinking coffee-hot chocolate is NOT CANCELLED.

4) Flowers are NOT CANCELLED.

5) Hilarious exchanges with online friends are NOT CANCELLED.
posted with permission from Erika :)

6) Reading is NOT CANCELLED. (Yes, I know that one appears in the picture above but come on, it's really important!)

7) Funny memes are NOT CANCELLED.
Image may contain: possible text that says 'Matt @matttomic 1918: Toronto wins its first Stanley Cup 1919: Stanley Cup cancelled 1992-93: Toronto wins its first World Series 1994: World Series cancelled 2019: Toronto wins its first NBA Championship 2020: NBA Championship potentially cancelled The fuck did Toronto do?'

8) My favourite sweatshirt is NOT CANCELLED.

9) Long walks are NOT CANCELLED.

10) Streaming old baseball games on YouTube is NOT CANCELLED.

11) Yard work is NOT CANCELLED.

12) Baking cookies is NOT CANCELLED.

13) Family games are NOT CANCELLED.

14) Taking pictures is NOT CANCELLED.

15) Pizza is NOT CANCELLED.

16) Coke is NOT CANCELLED.

17) Family hugs are NOT CANCELLED.

18) Talking to people on the phone is NOT CANCELLED.

19) Alcohol is NOT CANCELLED.

Yes, I intentionally picked the picture of Rachel with a Corona.
Laughing is also NOT CANCELLED! 

I feel better when I remember all of this. Tell me what joys aren't cancelled for you. After all, we're all in this together.

7 comments:

  1. Very funny and true too! We actually needed toilet paper too, last week, lucky we got some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me SO HAPPY to read! I love your positive spin on this and the reminder that the very best things in life are totally unaffected by the outside mayhem. We are packing lunches and going hiking today to have a picnic in the woods and I’m so excited by this. Cheers to the best things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toronto Raptors are still defending champions, I'll take it!!

    Birds chirping and beautiful skies are not cancelled either. Legos are making a resurgence at our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes to the beautiful skies!!! The kids just spent an hour outside in the sunshine and blue skies while I hung three loads of laundry and did some yard work. And yes, I think Lego will play a big part of our next few weeks :)

      Delete
  4. This just made me smile - exactly what I needed on a week like we've been having

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, such a great post!! I think I need to do a similar one. :) I think RIGHT NOW my biggest one is Children driving me crazy is NOT canceled haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me going to work is NOT CANCELLED. Although I wish it was. Unfortunately they'll never send anyone home from working at the hospital during a pandemic. I never considered this when choosing my career! haha. I'm exhausted from this past week so I'd add that crawling into bed early is NOT CANCELLED. Thank goodness! Hope you all stay well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)