Friday, July 31, 2015

Summer 2015: Week Five

So as of today, our summer is half over. And I just know that, with all our traveling in August, the last half will fly by. So what did we do this past week? Well, when I looked at the pictures, I realized working full-time and sending the kids off to childcare really messes with interesting blogging. Our evenings are now filled with errands and chores and I don't know most of what the kids do during the days. It's very odd.

When they did have time at home, the kids mostly wanted to play and be by themselves. Sam put together the other three possibilities from his new (to him) building set from Willem.
And when he wasn't constructing things, Sam was reading. It's kind of annoying because, when he's reading, Sam is oblivious to the world, and it's impossible to get him to do anything. Dave and I are super-confused about where he gets this from! (I'll give you a hint: it's both of us :) Ha!)

In fact, below is the stack of books I checked out of the library for him on Thursday night. I'm hoping that it will keep him busy for the next two weeks but I kind of doubt it. I remember having disagreements with the librarian when I was a kid because she thought I was taking out too many books, and I thought her limit of 15 books per card was stupid because that would only last me a week. I think she eventually started letting me take out more :)
In the meantime, Rachel has been enjoying hot chocolate (on some of the hottest days of summer, which I don't get) and drawing.
Yesterday I wasn't working because Sam had an appointment. We stopped to water our friends' garden, and then went out for lunch. It was a lot of fun. And yes, Rachel always wears her headbands like that.

As of today, my training at work is officially over. I now have the keys to the kingdom (ha!) and am ready to fly solo. This afternoon I am going to do some super exciting household chores and continue packing up the house in preparation for getting our floors redone. This is basically a heads up that next week's recap may be even more exciting than this one :)

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Sam is such an avid reader like his mom. I used to have that problem of tuning everything out when I was reading (or watching TV). It used to drive my parents crazy. Evan does it a lot too. Evan always picks out books that are really long that take him longer to read although I try to encourage him to pick out books that I think are more appropriate for him, especially now that he is in school with less time for reading. Sigh. He did finish Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets finally, and we are reading a book together right now. Rachel looks like a little 20's flapper girl with her headband like that and shorter hair. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)