1) My mom and dad are here for Christmas and there has been a lot going on. Namely, a lot of baking, so I've been eating my way through two batches of buns, a batch of cinnamon buns, a batch of peppernuts, and a batch of spanakopita. I don't think the oven will stay off for a single day my mom is here :)
Hot buns ready to eat!
(Half of these were gone within an hour. Yikes!)
3) Taking more pictures of fireworks. These are from "Chanukah In The Sqaure" a public celebration of the first night of Chanukah.
Also, it was raining that night so you get
a combination picture of fireworks and raindrops.
4) We went on a horse drawn carriage ride through Wonders Of Winter, our city's light display. It was fun!
5) We went and cut down our Christmas tree...
6) ...and then we decorated it.
We had to trim it quite a bit to get it to fit into our dining room.
(It looked smaller in the field!)
7) We've been celebrating Chanukah and Advent. #interfaithlife
8) We thought we were hosting some of my mom's side for a pre-Christmas gathering but Santa and four of her reindeer showed up instead! Ha ha ha!!!
And yes, these are onesies!
9) Opa and the kids have been discovering fun things on the iPad. I think here they were learning that sharks don't actually make a sound. #homeschooling
10) Sam has been building parking garages.
So there's a slice of life from my neck of the woods lately. I promise I won't let a week go by until my next post, but since Dave and I have to go buy each other
Christmas Chanukah December gifts today, I'm not making any promises :) Until then,
And don't eat too many cinnamon buns.
Wait, maybe that's just me...